Rules & Regulations
1. Proper decorum is expected of every student at all times and everywhere. No word, action or behavior on his/her part should cause harm to the good name of the school.
2. Any student who engages in a fight, in or out of the school premises or brings in outsiders for the purpose of fighting or mauling a student or employee of the school shall be subject to grave disciplinary action amounting to forthright expulsion, as also will any student who deliberately cause damage to school property.
3. All the members of the various co curricular activities of the school must faithfully attend the meetings of these activities.
4. Students given the privilege of representing the school in any activity assume the obligation of living up to the expectations of the school.
5. Damaged school property, whether as a result of accident or on purpose, must be repaired, replaced or paid for before the offender is allowed to attend school again.
6. Any student who takes school property and fails to deliver it to the school authorities, is liable to disciplinary action.
7. Students found guilty of disrespect/disobedience to members of the staff, administration, and maintenance personnel and to school prefects or class monitors are liable to disciplinary action by the principal according to the gravity of the offense.
8. Among the qualities the school endeavors to instill in its students is HONESTY. Hence, copying, cheating in any form of having recourse to any unfair means in connection with tests and examination, incur the penalty of cancellation of the whole examination if dishonesty has been proved after due investigation by the Principal.
9. Forging of letters of excuse parents’/guardian’s signatures, on progress report cards of other documents, altering school notices or misuse of any school documents tender the perpetrator liable to serve penalty.
10. The principal reserves the right to dismiss a student on account of objectionable behavior.
The Principal of St. Anthony’s relies heavily on the loyal co-operation of the academically and professionally qualified staff. A great deal of day-to-day control of the student’s progress and behavior revolves upon the class teachers and their teams of class monitors. Various staff committees watch over discipline.
The wearing of the school uniform is mandatory. At St. Anthony’s it is insisted on right from class prep to class 11th.
Summer Uniform for Boys is blue shirt, grey pant, grey socks, black shoes and school badge.
Summer Uniform for Girls is white shalwar qameez, blue pinafore, white socks, black shoes and school badge.
For winter uniform school tie and blue blazers are to be worn with the summer uniform by all.
To ensure a still higher standard of punctuality, school attendance, compliance to studies, the students are warned for the following.
Rules and Regulation
1. Coming late, irregularity to school, a student’s name will be stuck off after six unauthorized absences, and he can only be readmitted at his parent’s special plea, on the payment of readmission fees.
2. Failing to wear the proper school uniform.
3. Lack of application to study.
4. Repeated breaches of discipline.
5. In the case of slackness in studies, the warning will be issued through the individual continuous assessment report card.
6. The principal / academic coordinator is ever ready to receive parents to discuss the progress of their wards and answer their queries, every school day in the office during the 1st hour of school, and arrange for them, if necessary, to meet also the respective class teachers or other members of the staff. However, these visits and any other visits are to be arranged by appointments only.
7. Otherwise, visits to members of the staff or students during school hours are not allowed except for particularly weighty reasons.
8. The medium of instruction at St. Anthony’s is English and every inducement is offered to encourage the use of English in and out of the classrooms, on the school premises to lead the pupils to attain proficiency in the language. Therefore, to improve the standard of English it is compulsory for all students and teachers to speak English. This will better equip the students to understand their lessons and give them a chance to practice their English speech. Failure to observe the rule of speaking English will result in disciplinary action.
9. Any student receiving a Red card should consider that as the last warning and repetition of the act will result in automatic dismissal. In such cases the principal or the staff is not obliged to give an explanation or reasons for the student’s dismissal.