The Students of the Year Award Competition
The Student of the Year Award Competition is designed to recognize outstanding elementary, middle and high school students. It provides an excellent opportunity to reward and recognize students who have demonstrated excellent character, academic achievement, leadership ability and citizenship.
Guidance Notes for Teachers and Students
- Academics Performance: Performs very well in all subjects. Completes class and home assignments regularly. Scores at-least B grade in all examinations and tests.
- Service to Others: Participates actively in designing and implementation of service learning project to demonstrate a contribution to school or community.
Creativity and Initiativeness : Shows creativity and Initiativeness in addressing issues and solving problems.
- Communication Skills: Possesses strong public speaking skills. Ability to relate his/her ideas. Speaks English language with confidence and fluency.
Punctuality: Attends at-least 90% of the classes in the whole academic year.
- Participation in Extracurricular Activities: Participates actively in extracurricular activities including sports.
- General Grading: Performance in routine tests and examinations.
- Behaviour with Teachers and Class Fellows: Shows respect, politeness and caring attitude to others. Inspires and motivates others.
- The selection for the Student of the Year Award program will be done by both teachers (class teacher and subject teachers) and students.
- The judging will be done on a score sheet. The candidate will be selected by counting the marks obtained on the judging sheet.
- All students will have a general vote in the class.
- The six highest scorers will face a second round of voting by the class.
- The first three of the second round will be marked by the students and teachers against a performance grading system.
- Then the 90 second presentation conducted by a committee.
- Results will be submitted to the principal for final selection and approval.
- Candidate should have earned at least three commendations during the year.
- Attendance should not be less than 90%
- Candidates should have a proven record of active participation in school and class activities.
- Candidates should be models of self discipline.
- Candidates should have contributed actively to improve the quality of Morning assembly.
- Candidates should be a living model of St. Anthonian values.
- Students of the year” of last two years are not eligible for selection.
- If it is found out that any student has used his/her vote unjustly, then that student will be disqualified for the next year voting and he/she will not be eligible for any nomination for the student of the year award for one year.
- If it is found out that any teacher has used his/her vote unjustly, then that teacher will also be disqualified for voting next year.
- The Principal reserves the right to ask any teacher or student for explanation regarding the nomination of a candidate.
- Benefits for Students
The Student of the Year Award Competition will help students in:
- Developing critical thinking skills
- Developing decision making skills
- Developing life skills
- Developing positive relationships with others
- Thinking beyond academics skills for success
- Increasing confidence and self-esteem
Benefits for School
The School will be able to promote:
- All-round development of students
- Integrate life skills in education
- Sound values among students
- Combine service objectives with learning objectives
- Create ambassadors for present and future to represent the School at local and international levels.
Student of the Year Award Ceremony
- The School will organize an award ceremony every year to honour the winning students.
- The School will invite parents, community stakeholders, news media , etc to attend the ceremony.
- The picture of the student of the year will be displayed at the website of the School.
View the Student of the Year Competition’s Marking Sheet